Monday, July 23, 2007

Conversations

It is interesting to hear opinions from our male counterparts regarding the state of women in IT. One person (a fellow gamer) stated the following:

They don't exist ... I think maybe in my 11 years in the industry now I've worked with I think 1, and they were "trying" to get in to the field and she just wasn't going to cut it. It really does make me
I feel it is vital that those women who are currently working in IT make it a priority to ensure that our numbers do not continue to dwindle. It's a rough industry, especially for working mothers...the hours are never flexible enough, and the demands are high. What can we do to encourage more women to attempt careers in the IT workforce? There are so many opportunities yet to be had. What can we do to help encourage women to stay in a male dominated field? Big questions without easy answers.

1 comment:

Ruth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.