Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 10...

So, I've made it to day ten, no carbs, no soda (South Beach). I can't believe how much more energy I have and how good I am feeling. I can certainly tell when I need to eat though - today I felt a grumpiness come on about the time I needed to have the PM 'snack'. It is interesting, I find myself more in tune with my body and have really slowed down while eating meals. What would've taken me 10 minutes to eat previously, is at least double that if not longer. I am looking forward to reintroducing some multigrain items into my diet next week - I'm getting a bit tired of eggs for breakfast every morning (although they are super easy to prepare, and I add various veggies to them, it's still egg!). Adding some carbs back in will allow me to bulk cook some side dishes that I can eat off of all week. I won't lie - the fresh food has been GREAT, but the preparation of it all is kicking my rear. I've gotten it down to about an hour to prep my food for the next day, dinners are going quicker now too. I've got gazpacho to make for tomorrow, but wanted to post my thoughts. I still don't have a scale, and I'm not too worried about it; I am approaching this as a lifestyle change. I just can't believe how ignorant I was about food - the amount of food (healthy) I can have for the same amount of calories as an unhealthy choice is just astounding to me. I want to make it into Phase II and introduce some exercise into the routine - my body seems to want it!

No comments: