Thursday, February 18, 2010

Phase II, Continued

Well, I'm through the first 28 days, and according to the new scale I purchased, and my weight at my last doctor's appointment in January, I'm down 25lbs. I'm certain that things will go a bit slower now, but I feel great. Limiting carbs to healthy ones (fruit, veg, whole wheat/multigrain) has even seemed to improve my overall mood. I have had a few days of feeling "hungry" this week, but I've been doing things "on my own", working with the menus from the first month. I have a feeling I'm missing some protein here or there (making me feel hungry at times). I need to get my favorite recipes up here. Tried a new one last night - "Salsa Chicken" - was wonderful - something I'd serve to my girlfriends.

I also need to introduce some exercise at this point. I am finding myself a bit restless during the day (have a desk job), and have taken to walking around a little bit outside. I have a great elliptical, it's just in pieces still from my move last summer. Going to have to spend some time and get it put together. I enjoy using it for some reason - it could be because my movers referred to it as the "nutcracker"- let's just say I didn't do a great job of breaking it down and making it easily move-able :)

I have a business trip coming up in a few weeks that I was pretty concerned about (re: eating and meals). I found out today that I do have a mini-fridge in the hotel, so that is going to help me out a LOT. It will be easy to gather up my go-to snacks, and I can probably even manage to cover a few breakfasts and lunches as well. My dear mother also sent me a book for Valentine's Day - "The South Beach Diet Dining Guide". It is a reference guide with many of the chain restaurants and what is OK to eat at them. I feel a lot more confident about getting out of my comfort zone now. I'm also glad to be driving up and not flying - easier to bring along my food in a cooler that way.

No comments: