Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Phase II, Day 1

Well, two days off of work this week due to the snow. It was quite beautiful, but the longer we are off, the harder my return to work is going to be :) I've been busy working from home today to try and alleviate the onslaught tomorrow (I do expect we will be back at work then). I started Phase II today, and was ever so happy to start my day off with some oatmeal (cooked in non-fat milk) and fruit (strawberries!). I'm hoping the reintroduction of some carbs and fruits into my diet will not affect me in an adverse way. I have a feeling my body will be a bit happier though - I was certainly looking forward to it. The oatmeal was very filling.

I ventured out to the grocery store yesterday to pick up the items I'll need through Day 5 (I started on a Tuesday, so this will get me through Saturday). This is certainly an expensive venture - I'm spending a LOT on groceries. Some items will last longer than the five days of course, but buying fresh produce really hits the pocket book. Five days worth of food equated to about $36/day (ouch), and that was only buying one large pack of chicken breasts. Of course the oatmeal, bulgar wheat, cereal, cheese and other things will last beyond five days, so that isn't really a true reflection of cost, but still, it made a noticeable dent in the wallet! Of course, I was spending at least $10/day on lunches alone in my previous life, but I still like to think I wasn't hitting $36/day...

No comments: